Innovative, balanced, focused…
The leaders at White Oak have invested in all multifamily asset classes, from new construction to deeply distressed assets, including repositioning and extensive rehabs. We conduct detailed, on-the-ground research, analyzing supply and demand, while observing ongoing developments, market drivers and trends, including housing affordability. We identify markets where we believe that there is compelling evidence of single family home pricing stability, job and income growth, and an underserved demand for apartments, balanced by a reasonable delivery of new apartment supply.
We believe the best investment opportunity in apartments today, from a risk/reward perspective, is in existing properties outside of the six largest markets, which have not yet experienced full significant cap rate compression. We do not rely upon cap rate compression or unrealistic asset appreciation assumptions in making our investment decisions.
Our partners value innovative professionals with the insight to balance risk and reward intelligently and the experience to execute highly complex transactions flawlessly.
- We are true partners with our clients, co-investing in every transaction.
- We have deep industry contacts developed over years of working at the large, national portfolio level. We have a combined track record of successfully owning and/or managing over 140,000 multifamily real estate units, through all economic and market cycles.
- Our experienced real estate professionals are insightful, connected and informed. We believe the optimal risk / reward balance for real estate investments currently is found in multifamily properties.
- While there has been clear pricing pressure upon the “A” assets in strong markets, there remain substantial investment opportunities available in attractive “A-” to “C+” assets in many markets.
- We are disciplined. We rigorously adhere to fine-tuned processes for every phase of work, from initial evaluation of properties to detailed investor reporting, and we continually update these as the regulatory climate and needs of our client partners evolve.