- What information does White Oak collect about you on our Sites?
- How do we use the information we collect about you?
- Does White Oak share your information with third parties?
- What choices do you have over how White Oak uses your information?
- How does White Oak secure your information on its Sites?
- How can I contact White Oak?
1. What information does White Oak collect about you on our Sites?
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including when:
- you provide us information
- we observe or collect information through technology
- we receive information about you from third parties
Information You Provide
We may ask you to provide information about yourself directly to our Sites, such as the following:
- email address
- location information
- resume, cover letter and similar employment-related materials
- employment history
- information related to customer surveys
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
1. Navigational Information. Navigational information, such as the following, is collected by us and our third party service providers when you use our Sites:
- browser type and version
- operating system
- the Internet service provider used to access our Sites
- IP Address
- use of links to arrive at our Sites
- web pages requested and viewed
- time spent on our Sites
- for our mobile websites, technical information about the device used, such as screen size and how images may appear
2. Location Information. Our Sites and emails include features that may require collecting different types of location information that we then use for the specific feature you have selected.
Information Obtained from Third parties
We may combine information about you from other sources with the information we have collected about you on our Sites.
For example, in connection with searching and applying for jobs with us, we may use a third party to collect and process the applicant profiles and preferences, monitor website activity, maintain the database based in the U.S and provide plug-ins (such as LinkedIn) at your request. We require that the information you provide on pages hosted by these third parties be maintained by them in confidence. Information you voluntarily supply will be stored in a database, which will be accessed by authorized personnel of White Oak to address your inquiry or consider you for employment purposes with any of our affiliates. We may also keep the information for future consideration.
2. How do we use the information we collect about you?
We use navigational information gathered through technology for determining things like:
- which parts of our Sites are most visited or used
- how to improve and better transact business
- the effectiveness of our Sites
- lead generation
- difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Sites
- monitoring the number of visitors to our Sites
- average time spent on our Sites
- any programming errors or failures
3. Does White Oak share your information with third parties?
We do not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to unrelated third parties except as set forth below. We may share your personal information with the following:
- our contractors, vendors and affiliates so that they can provide information to you about their products and services,
- our contractors, vendors, affiliates and third party service providers in order to perform tasks on our behalf.
- when it is necessary for completing or servicing any transactions that you have authorized and, in some instances, to verify the existence or condition of your account with a financial institution, credit bureau or other third party
- to verify an application for employment
- as required to cooperate with a subpoena, search warrant or other legally valid inquiry, court order or other legal process, or as required or permitted by law
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our Sites, our users or others, including where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- as necessary and appropriate to protect White Oak from harm due to fraud or other illegal activities.
If White Oak were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or if we acquire another business entity or are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, or if we sell substantially all the assets of a division, affiliate or subsidiary, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with the acquiring or acquired company.
We may also share aggregate data about our customers, traffic patterns, and other related Site information with third parties, but none of this data is connected to an individual’s personal information.
4. What choices do you have over how White Oak uses your information?
We give you choices about the information we collect and how we communicate with you.
1. Email: You may opt-out of our marketing emails by following the instructions listed in the email that you received. However, even if you opt-out you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as customer service communications.
2. Location Information:
a. Mobile Device Location Information. Your mobile device settings may allow you to disable location-based services, which will prevent our Sites from accessing your precise mobile device location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your device for instructions.
b. Desktop Device Location Information. Your desktop web browser may allow you to remove permission you granted through your desktop device for our Sites to access your location information and/or completely block requests for location information. We recommend you review the help or user manual provided with your browser for instructions.
c. Email Location Information. Your email program may allow you to prevent the pixel tags or images in the emails you receive from us from downloading, which will also prevent our service provider from accessing your location information.
3. Postal Marketing: If you no longer want to receive marketing materials from us via regular postal mail, please call our customer service department at 614-855-1155 or fill out our online form found here and tell us that you want to be removed from White Oak’s postal mailing list, including the postal address you wish to have removed.
4. California Opt-Out Rights: Under California law, if you are a resident of California and have previously communicated with us or purchased something from us, you may make a written request to White Oak about how we have shared your personal information during the prior calendar year with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, White Oak is allowed to provide you with a cost-free means to opt-out of such sharing rather than providing the information about these third parties. We are providing the opportunity to opt out, which you can do by submitting an opt out request here, that includes your name and all of the postal addresses and email addresses that you have provided to us.
5. How does White Oak secure your information on its Sites?
Our Sites utilize encryption technology. We also use firewalls and have implemented other reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures designed to protect the personal information in our custody or control from unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. Moreover, we regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. While we implement these security measures on our Sites, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
We may enable you to navigate to third-party websites through links on our Sites. We do this for your convenience. If it is not one of our Sites, we don't endorse, may not have any affiliation with, do not control and aren't responsible for those third-party websites and/or their Internet and web practices. Whether the third-party content appears within our Site environment (like a map frame), or you leave our Site for another website to view it, the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of those other websites govern your online experience. Please review their terms of service and privacy policies if you have any question about their practices.
7. How can I contact White Oak?